This is a new place for my blog. When I first started blogging last year I could not find a pseudonym that would suit me. I have found it now. It is Dr Dude-Chick.
This new place for my blog reflects my new found blogger's identity. Moving the blog here at the time of starting a new job seems like an ideal timing.
The inspiration for my new pseudonym comes from my favourite character of the comedy Scrubs, Season 8, Dr Denise Mahoney.
She says to the main star of the show, to JD, that she is tired of pretending to be sweet and pleasant all the time, because her male teachers / professors were terrified of being around a strong woman, so she decided to stop as soon as she got her first job after graduating. I would like to be like her. But I do not dare. Or maybe I am a little bit like her?
I want to have “Girl-balls”. I want to stop pretending I am nice and feminine and smiley and pleasant just to meet the cultural expectations of me as a female. I think I am going to start just right now, in my new job. I could create my new image here from scratch!
If you have not seen Scrubs Season 8, and if you are interested in the dude-chick that inspired me you can check this video:
I especially like the dialogue about 2min14sec in: “Well, buddy, you have nooo idea...”
I think she is just awesome!
Saturday, 31 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment