I apologise for the delay in publishing the previous post, I have drafted it with the intention of editing and posting at the conference, and later I was actually sure that I did put it up, until I found out today that it is not yet online. Life has been crazy-busy recently!
So I am back from the conference.
I had met my old boss, Big Old Boss, there. I was actually quite scared of seeing him, as I was afraid that he would be unpleasant about me not saying good-bye to him, or too formally sweet and fake. I did not want to interact with him too much and luckily neither did he.
He did not look happy to see me, nor did he want to talk to me*. I guess he stopped feeling the sense of slave-ownership after seeing me there as a part of a different research group now. I guess this establishes what our relationship is going to look like in the future. A polite nod of acknowledgement of each other’s presence, but nothing more. I consider our relationship as closed now.
After coming back I am feeling as if my life has been restarted. Someone pushed the Reset button, the system reloaded afresh, it is no longer running painfully slowly, and it no longer crashes. Maybe there was even some patch applied to the system before the reset, and things are running smoothly and nicely now. The stress and the depression are gone**, and I have found some new enthusiasm for my future work and happiness.
I hope I can keep this good and refreshed feeling to keep me energised in my new workplace and in my new life situation.
*Well, ok, he did briefly talk to me, but only to demand that I immediately fill in some forms, which instead of bringing them to the conference, were mailed to my new address in the other part of the country. So much for the “immediate demand”... An excuse to tell me off.
** Mostly. As a pessimist I would never make such confident happy statements without some insurance for future moaning.
Thursday, 19 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment