As much as I would love to have a fully functional kitchen and cook myself lovely meals, I have not organised that in my new accommodation yet.
November has been a very disorganised month. The first week was pure survival, finding shops in the new location and living out of a suitcase. The next one was trip to a conference and week after that was not good for unpacking either, as my accommodation was going to have some small construction work done in the kitchen and bathroom. So I generally withhold from unpacking till this was finished at the end of November and I have been living for the first month without a fully functional kitchen.
I like cooking, and to take care of myself by preparing some nice and healthy food was one of my goals for the new life in Tokyo, but it somehow it felt like something beyond my capacity. I was lucky that there was a kettle already here, so I could at least put the kettle on and make some tea!
In the last few weeks I have been living in a true student style alternating between eating toasts and croissants, with the occasional rice ball (“onigiri”) for my meals. It is getting kind of boring!
Monday, 14 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Me thinks Dude cannot live on bread products alone. Cooking is awesome - it's just Chemistry that you can eat!
ReplyDeleteNot even applesauce?
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! Not only Japaneese apologise :). Canadians do A LOT too. They are famous for that. And I've got the habit... In London underground I noticed that I keep apologizing people :). And they, instead of apologizing back, say "oh, that's not a problem at all".
ReplyDelete